Happy new year from GWA Cars & Finance! Everyone is back at their desks and, from what we’ve seen so far, raring to go. Talking of raring to go, 2012 has arrived on the back of some very strong winds, so Gary and I have put together some tips on driving safely in the blustery weather.
- Hold tight – strong winds are usually gusty not constant, so keep both hands on the wheel.
- Slow down – reducing your speed gives you more time to react to gusts, flying debris and other vehicles.
- Mind your space – keep your distance from other vehicles, in particular larger ones, which could be blown into your path.
- Watch for debris – high winds mean that the likelihood of branches, trees and other debris on the road is high.
- Make room for two-wheelers – cyclists and motorcyclists are particularly susceptible to strong winds, so take extra care around them.
- Stay safe – if you break down in strong winds, lock your car and find a safe place to wait for assistance.
Also, it is worth putting a golden GWA rule into action: proper preparation prevents poor performance. Make sure you’re travelling with a fully charged mobile phone and warm, weather-proof clothing. Stowing a snack or two in the glove box is also a good idea.
Continuing the theme of driving safely in strong winds, we have two cars on the GWA Cars & Finance forecourt that will provide a sturdy presence on the road: a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport Auto and a 2007 Nissan Navarra Doublecab Aventura DCI Auto.
To have a chat about buying or leasing a new or used car or van, contact Gary at GWA Cars & Finance on 01243 510 650 or email@example.com.